Thanksgiving came and went and I have to admit something. I didn't really reflect on the things I'm grateful for. I know that sounds like a MEGA SIN, but it's true. For the first time, I got so wrapped up in the DO's of it all and I forgot the why. That's unlike me. I usually like to stop, journal, or get the family to say something each about what we're grateful for, etc. Glad that in the quiet moments like right now, I can still send my list of thanks up before the Lord and even share it with you.
1. This time last year I had to assist my closest friend through an incredibly difficult time. A light at the end of the tunnel seemed far off, and tears were unceasing. I'm thankful that this year things are tremendously better and God has provided his direction.
2. This time last year, my father would have to still crawl out of bed to report to work. I'm glad that this year he is finally a retired man and could enjoy the Holidays comfortably. That stuff is mighty important to a daddy's girl, and I'm ready to see him rest and enjoy the fruit of his labor!
3. This Time last year, I was a homeschool parent, and I worked diligently to assist my son and prepare him for life and education. Although I had to fight all the way to the board of education with letters and appeals, I got my son into the school of my choice. This year, he blessed us with an honor roll report card from his sixth grade classes in public middle school. I'm thankful for God's wisdom throughout that ordeal and I'm thankful for my son's great progress!
4. My husband has endured the loss of both parents. This holiday was his first without his mother. I'm so thankful that God's loving arms wrapped gently around him to comfort him through this difficult season.
5. Last year many health issues burdened me. Doctors were often unsure and I wanted to give up, but thankfully, I met someone. Personal training Specialist Barry Bragg introduced me to the perfect supplements to help restructure my physical health. This year has been incredibly healthy and my Doctor gave me awesome reports. (except the weight gain lol!)
6. Thankful for the many connections I 've made this year. Too many to name. But not one of them are forgotten and I believe they hold specific keys to my life's growth and I hold certain key's to their growth as well. Thanking God for people who will not misuse me. Thanking God for showing me how not to misuse them.
7. Thankful for my lil man reading at age 4!
8. Thankful for a Home with food, heat, beds, and books.
9. Thankful for my marriage and my friendships.
10. Thankful for the release of Uncovered, my novel. A book that tells more than a story, but a testimony to what God's love can do in the lives of the broken.